Research and Excellence Centers
The excellence center ECO-INFOSOC “Modeling and computerization of socio-economical processes” is a research organization within Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics.
- fundamental scientific research with application in the developments of methods, models and systems for economy of information society
- economic quantitative analysis
- researches in the domains such as optimization and the risk theory for the economic activities.
ECO-INFOSOC excellence center is certified by the Romanian Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation.
The research center in project management and technological innovation – PM FORUM
The research center in project management and technological innovation – PM FORUM aims to provide a forum platform for both communication and collaboration between the members of the scientific community, and the promotion and dissemination of relevant scientific research results. According to academic freedom, along with the development of the center and the evolution of science, the field of activity may be extended. The center is autonomous in terms of establishing scientific strategy, ensuring the management and the marketing of the research-development programs which are carried out in the center.
The research center PM-FORUM aims at promoting project management in the economical and technological innovation fields, supporting the process of defining new modern techniques and methods of project management, and at providing an international orientation for this activity in Romania, by supporting the efforts of cooperation with European organizations (International Project Management Association – IPMA) and with other international organizations (Project Management Institute – PMI). This way, it aims to facilitate contacts and cooperation with the international environment, along with the imposition of international standards in project management field in Romania.
- Director: Constanţa Nicoleta BODEA, PhD
- PM Forum Research Center
- Calea Dorobanţi 15-17, Room 2210, Sector 1, Bucharest, 010552, Romania
- Phone: (+4)-021.319.19.91
- Web: http://www.pmforum.ase.ro
Advanced Research Centre for Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Cybernetics -CIBEREC
Advanced Research Centre for Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Cybernetics -CIBEREC was founded in 2004 as part of Department of Economic Cybernetics. It has the mission to encourage and to develop scientific research in microeconomics and macroeconomics using quantitative methods such are system theory and cybernetic models and methods. Another goal of the CIBEREC is to facilitate the national and international cooperation with the researchers and organizations interested in applying system theory and quantitative economics at micro and macroeconomic level.
Research Centre members are experts in various research fields such are statistics, mathematics, economics, IT or cybernetics.
Two important journals are edited under the CIBEREC Research Centre coordination: Economic Computation and Economic Cybernetics Studies and Research (Thomson Reuters indexed journal) and Studii si Cercetari de Calcul Economic şi Cibernetica Economica (international databases indexed journal).
CIBEREC Research Centre is certified by the Romanian Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation since 2005.
- Director: Mihai Daniel ROMAN, PhD.
- Calea Dorobanti 15-17, Room 2621,
- Bucharest, 010552
- Web: www.ciberec.ase.ro
UES-SAS Academic Initiative
The academic initiative between University of Economic Studies and SAS Romania emerged from the need to strengthen research in the field of business analytics within the Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic Informatics. Thus, on 14 December 2009 was launched the SAS Center of Excellence, under the guidance of two departments from that time: Economic Informatics and Statistics and Econometrics. 2010 marked the beginning of the construction of the first SAS laboratory equipped with machines and computer software SAS Analytics Pro in the Department of Statistics and Econometrics and the creation of an infrastructure for running specific SAS applications in the department of Economic Informatics’ laboratories. SAS was first introduced in the syllabi of Software packages discipline, which was considered a pilot project and where SAS Business Analytics solutions provided an important informatics support.
AES-SAS Academic Initiative has resulted in the following activities, where SAS Romania had an important contribution:
- Creating a hardware infrastructure to support courses where SAS solutions are used;
- Establish procedures for training teachers to use SAS in education by providing access to online courses and other educational materials;
- Support for software licensing of SAS Analytics Pro;
- Organizing workshop sites in the Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic Informatics, on topics related to analytical data processing, with the participation of business and academia from Romania and abroad;
- Support of lectures on the use of SAS solutions courses at bachelor cycle and master program Databases – support for business courses;
- Provide certificates of competence for students who completed with outstanding results university courses that use SAS solutions.
In perspective, the main objective is to extend the number of disciplines that use SAS, in particular at different master programs, by including the following topics: data preparation for analysis, SAS Business Intelligence, advanced features of SAS programming language. Another concern is collaboration with SAS Romania to initiate internship programs for students from the master cycle.
The Doctoral School for Software Quality Management
Scientific seminars are organized on the following topics: software metrics, reliability models, software reuse, software testing, informatics audit. The PhD students present theirs researches results and the latest news from the specific literature.
Young researchers who want to become PhD students participate within theDoctoralSchool.
- Director: Director: Prof. Ion IVAN, PhD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellence Center ASE – ORACLE
Oracle Excellence Center – AES was founded in 1999 when a collaboration protocol was signed between The Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies (AES), IBM and Oracle, establishing its location in room 2017. Its main objective is to enable teachers and students access to software products, technologies, materials and documentation necessary for preparing courses and practical seminars that use Oracle components.
Among the activities performed within the Excellence Center we mention:
- Coordinating the Oracle Academic Initiative projects which aim to develop the knowledge acquired by students and master students in the database field and Oracle technologies;
- Offering technical support to both students and teachers interested in using Oracle technologies;
- Configuring and managing Oracle software on the client-server platforms;
- Coordinating student competitions and internships organized in partnership with Oracle;
- Organizing the scientific seminar “Integration of information technologies in the Oracle infrastructure”;
- Collaborating with Database Systems Journal magazine in writing presentation editorials of innovative technologies in the database systems field.
- Coordinating activities foreseen in the Memorandum of Understanding signed in December 2009 between the Academy of Economic Studies and Oracle, which aims to promote teaching of theoretical and practical courses in the major teaching programs (Bachelor, Master, PhD) using Oracle technology.
- Promoting technologies and innovations related to databases and Oracle products.
The infrastructure benefiting the Excellence Center includes the following:
- A server component which consists of two servers with Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Application Server, Business Intelligence Suite and Oracle Data Warehouse Builder Repository;
- A client component based on computers found in 5 laboratories, all of them installed with the necessary products to conduct seminars such as: Databases, Oracle DBMS, Data warehouses, Data mining, OLAP technology, Information systems integration, Management information systems;
- A configured E-Business Suite on-demand instance dedicated to conduct seminars such as: Integrated information systems (ERP) and Management information systems.
The results obtained so far are significant: in the Oracle Academy Development Competition held in 2010 at national level, a team consisting of five students from the Economic Informatics master’s program won 2nd place. Currently we have over 15 teams entered in the Oracle ThinkQuest International Competition 2012.
We offer through the material and technical support we provide, the opportunity to experiment and use the latest technologies and concepts for training students to access the labor market.
- Director of the Oracle Excellence Center AES: Lecturer Adela Bâra, PhD
- Web: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ORACLE_ASE
- Email: ORACLE_ASE@yahoogroups.com
Cisco Networking Academy Program
The Cisco Networking Academy Program is a comprehensive e-learning program that provides students with the Internet technology skills essential in a global economy. TheNetworkingAcademy delivers web-based content, online assessment, student performance tracking, hands-on labs, instructor training and support, and preparation for industry standard certifications.
The NetworkingAcademyprogram continually raises the bar on e-learning and educational processes. The representative of the Cisco Networking Academy Program in theAcademy ofEconomic Studies Bucharest isASECiscoLocalAcademy, founded in December 2000.
ASE Cisco Local Academy offers courses in the field of networking and Java programming, preparing specialists for the new Internet era. It has a modern and well equipped laboratory with 16 computers, 5 Cisco routers and 2 Cisco switches.
Responsible for the ASE Cisco Networking Academy is Prof. Răzvan Daniel ZOTA, PhD.